Sunday 21 November 2010

Homage to Mr Brandt

Took a trip out to Dean Clough Mills this afternoon. Whilst you are there it is apparently compulsory for photographers to take their own version of Bill Brandt's famous picture Snicket in Halifax. Incidentally, nowhere in the mill's art gallery (or bookshop) do they have anything of Bill Brandt's, or have any information on where to find the snicket... nothing. If I was an art and photography gallery with one of the 1930's most iconic images on site, I might just mention it?

PS I actually forgot to take my Bill Brandt book with me, so I took the picture entirely from memory - I am chuffed how close I got to the original, even if my cobbles weren't wet! Meanwhile I love the fact that the same two cobbles are still missing in the foreground 73 years after the original was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment