Thursday 13 May 2010

Home of Hendo's

I didn't get much of a break with the weather today; if I was busy working it was sunny, if I was free to take pictures it was grey. Those of you know where I work will also know I haven't traveled far for this picture. This is the Henderson's Relish factory, which produces a local sort of Worcester sauce condiment (only far superior, and vegetarian too). Its ingredients are strictly secret - if asked, Sheffielders will only remark the factory is directly across the road from the old Jessop Hospital, and then smile knowingly. It may not look much but people buy paintings of this place and hang them on their walls, much like the citizens of inferior cities might by paintings of St Pauls or the Eiffel Tower. It apparently illegal in South Yorkshire to be caught without a bottle of 'Hendos' in your kitchen cupboard - there's certainly one in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment